At MichiganLabs, we focus on developing custom software solutions for medium-sized organizations all the way up to Fortune 500 companies in a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, designers, and clients to help improve the world.
As a Software Developer at MichiganLabs, you would be working with other developers who are excited to learn the latest technologies, develop their technical skills and utilize those skills to provide clients with solutions that meet their needs. Our developers enjoy the opportunity of seeing their work being used by people across the world, often running into people using apps developed by MichiganLabs in day-to-day life.
Web and Native Mobile App development is a large portion of what we do and is something we’re particularly proud of. Most of our mobile projects are built using Kotlin and Swift. In addition to mobile work, we build backend systems and websites including development in Python, .NET, Typescript, Angular and more.
As consultants, learning and experimentation are an integral part of the job. Balanced with client needs, we use the best tools for the job. Staying up to date with what’s currently happening with development is an integral part of the job, as is developing deep software engineering skills that can be translated to meet any future client need.
- Clear, consistent communication
- Strong follow through when faced with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow as tools and best practices change
- Have a technical background (education or work experience)
- Enjoy a challenge
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Work in Ada, Michigan in a brand new office.
- Option to work remote on Wednesdays
- A friendly, caring team who sets high standards for results and values a healthy work/life balance
- Sustainable Pace - General expectations are about 40 hour work weeks
- Great healthcare and dental insurance. MichiganLabs will pay 100% of the premium for an employee, legal spouse, and children
- 2 weeks paid vacation and time off
- 401(k) with a matching contribution
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences and certifications
- Regular snacks and lunches
- MichiganLabs recognizes twelve paid holidays each year, including a holiday shutdown during the week of Christmas
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email with your resume at email@example.com or visit https://michiganlabs.com/careers and apply to the specific opening that you are interested in
Here’s what will happen next:
- [Apply] Our Talent Lead will connect with you promptly - this will continue to happen throughout your journey because it’s really important to us to get to know you and start building trust from that first interaction.
- [30 min phone call] Meet our Talent Lead to get a glimpse into our work and the culture here at Michigan Software Labs. We want to hear about what makes you who you are, and how we could best support your plans for your career.
- [1 hour interview] Show off your skills! This could take the form of a technical exercise or review of some of the projects you’ve worked on. You will meet with our technical Practice Lead.
- [1 hour final interview] Get the inside scoop on the business by meeting with our Co-founders/Managing Partners.
- [Offer Letter!] We’ll have a conversation to determine the next steps that are best for us both. And whether you’re ready to join us now, or if it’s not the right fit yet, one thing is for sure: your experience will be positive and we’ll provide feedback and transparency every step of the way. We will offer an optional trial day if requested. We will check your references and then extend you a formal offer. Once you get your foot in the door, we take care of you.