The mission of the Delivery Practice at Michigan Labs is to facilitate effective projects to most efficiently deliver software that supports our clients. The Delivery Lead will own client relationships, along with a Principal Delivery Lead, in order to help meet this need.
In partnership with our clients, the Delivery Lead helps to discover and define client and user needs and builds a product backlog to deliver pieces of the roadmap that was created in conjunction with other MSL leaders. Once project execution begins, the Delivery Lead works as part of the agile project team to deliver on the backlog, ensuring that what's being built brings business value to our stakeholders as well as helping clients maintain an ongoing strategic roadmap.
At MichiganLabs, we focus on developing custom software solutions for medium-sized organizations all the way up to Fortune 500 companies in a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, designers, and clients to help improve the world.
- Project delivery plan tailored to each client and project
- Cohesive, focused project teams who take personal ownership of their project and are aligned with clients on deliverables, priorities, schedule, and budget
- High-quality, working software delivered at a sustainable pace that provides value to both the client’s business and their users
- Nurtured client relationships
- Agile coaching for employees and clients
- Supporting Delivery Practice with development of project delivery processes and tools at MichiganLabs
- Demonstrated history of success with progressively more responsibility
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to support clients’ needs and develop warm client relationships
- Capable of strong follow-through in environments with competing priorities
- Attitude of an encouraging coach
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiasm for personal growth and development
- Have a software background (education or work experience)
- Have worked with one or more Agile frameworks
It'd be nice if:
- You served on a large project team before
- You have a consulting background
- You were ScrumMaster or SAFe Certified
MichiganLabs is an 10-year-old software company focused on code craftsmanship and delivering business value.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Work in Ada, Michigan in a brand new office. Option to work remote on Wednesdays.
- A friendly, caring team who sets high standards for results and values a healthy work/life balance.
- We use Slack to stay connected.
- Our process relies on iterative development with weekly customer feedback
- Sustainable Pace - General expectations are about 40 hour work weeks
- Great healthcare and dental insurance. MichiganLabs will pay 100% of the premium for an employee, legal spouse, and children.
- Paid vacation and time off.
- 401(k) with a matching contribution. The company provides a one to one match for employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of the employee's annual salary and .5% on the next 2% of employee contributions.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences and certifications.
- Regular snacks and lunches. We enjoy company provided lunch every other Friday on our roof-top deck.
- MichiganLabs recognizes twelve paid holidays each year:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day through New Year's Day
- One floating holiday
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email with your resume at
email@example.com or visit https://michiganlabs.com/careers
Here’s what will happen next:
- [Connect] Reach out to us. It’s that simple to get things started. https://michiganlabs.com/careers
- [Quick Response] A member of our Leadership Team will connect with you promptly - this will continue to happen throughout your journey because it’s really important to us to get to know you and be responsive to you.
- [30 min phone call] Show off your skills! This could take the form of a technical exercise or review of some of the projects you’ve worked on.
- [1 hour interview] We’ll have a conversation to determine the next steps that are best for us both. And whether you’re ready to join us now, or if it’s not the right fit yet, one thing is for sure: your experience will be positive and we’ll provide feedback and transparency every step of the way. We will offer an optional trial day.
- [1 hour lunch] Get the inside scoop on what a “day in the life” looks like with us by going out to lunch with us. Our treat.
- [Offer Letter!] We will check your references and then extend you a formal offer. Also, once you get your foot in the door, we take care of you.