UX Design Associate
We believe that when you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Michigan Software Labs, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment that continues to receive recognition for growth and innovation.
- Inc. Best Places to Work 2019, 2020, 2021
- Inc. 5000 - America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies-#1712
- FORTUNE 100 Best Small and Medium Size Companies to Work For 2020, 2021
- MobileAppDaily.com #1 iOS App Development Company
- MobileAppDaily.com #1 Android App Development Company
- Clutch Top UX
- Clutch Top Mobile App Development
- Clutch #1 Top Android Developer U.S.A.
- Best and Brightest Companies To Work For 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
MichiganLabs is a talented group of Software Developers, Delivery Leads, and UX Designers with a focus on solving some of the most difficult problems. We are experts in designing and developing custom mobile, web, and Internet of Things (IoT) software for clients ranging from locally owned businesses to some of the world’s leading companies. We cultivate expertise in every stage, resulting in extraordinary digital experiences.
As the User Experience (UX) Design Associate at MichiganLabs, you will help define the future of design for our clients and their users. You will create a product strategy, solve complex UX problems, and inspire the team to push past boundaries. You will take time to understand the problem and design solutions that meet the needs of users while accomplishing business objectives.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The average workweek is 36-40 hours /week
- We will provide you with all the technology you need to be successful
- The internship will start around the first week of May and run through the first week of August (~12 weeks)
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ASSOCIATE
- Our Associates will be placed on a project team. You will be “in the room where it happens” and learn first-hand how a real development team works.
- You’ll join the daily project team stand-up and talk about what you did yesterday, what you’re going to do today, and if you have any “blockers” that the team can help with
- You will be the main advocate for crafting human-centered experiences and will have the opportunity to learn from other designers and collaborate with clients to push the envelope on innovation, aesthetics, and complex solutions made simple.
- Increase your understanding of target users, archetypes, and customer journeys.
- Iterate using effective ideation, sketching, and wire-framing - often, in a collaborative setting.
- Create designs that adhere to the technical capabilities of the selected platforms (iOS, Android, Angular, Responsive Web, etc).
- You will have opportunities to learn new technologies, collaborate with the design and development teams, create interactive click-through prototypes, and more! At the end of the summer, you will have made some new friends and learned a lot about professional software design and development.
- The team will provide you with feedback and ideas on how to improve. Don’t worry - the goal of the feedback is to help all of us get better. And there might be some ideas you have to share as well!
- Willingness and hunger to learn and grow
- Ability to be on-site, in-office M, T, and Thursday of each week
- Experience in Figma or Sketch
At MichiganLabs, we live our core values to better serve our clients. We are looking for individuals who:
- Build Like We'd Want It Built for Us
- Partner With Humility
- Be Better Together
- Grow Through Constant Curiosity
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Michigan Software Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran, or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.