MichiganLabs is a talented group of Software Developers, Delivery Leads and UX Designers with a focus on solving some of the most difficult problems.
Our clients range from locally owned businesses to some of the world’s leading companies. We work in small teams that own our projects all the way from design to deployment. We develop custom mobile, web, and IoT software. Cross-functional communication is a core part of the role. We are expected to communicate well with our team, clients, and stakeholders.
We cultivate expertise in every stage of product creation, resulting in extraordinary digital experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Build multi-platform projects including any of our core technologies, tailored to the project's needs
- Android – Kotlin, Jetpack
- iOS – Swift, UIKit, SwiftUI
- Web – VueJS, React, Angular
- Server – Python, .NET
- Communicate and collaborate with clients regularly
- Adapt skillset to new projects, technologies, and challenges
- 3-6 years of experience building software
- Strong understanding of at least one of our core technologies
- Ability to work as a team, ensuring quality through code review and automated testing
- Ability to efficiently prioritize technical issues and tech debt, as well as debug issues
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Team leadership experience
- Experience in web development
- Experience deploying apps to IaaS providers – Azure, AWS, GCP
At Michigan Software Labs, you can pursue a career that offers ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skill set in an exciting and inclusive environment that continues to receive recognition for growth and innovation.
- Inc, Best Places to Work 2019, 2020, 2021
- Inc, 5000 - America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (#2947)
- FORTUNE 100 Best Small and Medium Size Companies to Work For 2020, 2021
- MobileAppDaily.com #1 iOS App Development Company
- MobileAppDaily.com #1 Android App Development Company
- Clutch Top UX
- Clutch Top Mobile App Development
- Clutch #1 Top Android Developer U.S.A.
- Best and Brightest Companies To Work For 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
At MichiganLabs, we live our core values to better serve our clients. We are looking for individuals who:
- Build Like We'd Want It Built for Us
- Partner With Humility
- Be Better Together
- Grow Through Constant Curiosity
SMALL COMPANY CULTURE, BIG COMPANY PERKS
- Paid parental leave – 3 months for the primary caregiver, 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Beautiful new office space with large windows, industrial kitchen, walkable lunch options, and rooftop deck overlooking the Thornapple River.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision insurance premium for an employee and immediate family
- Hybrid work-from-home schedule and flexible PTO, 7 paid holidays in addition to a 5 day Holiday shutdown to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- 401(k) with a matching contribution – 100% match on the first 3% of salary and 50% on the next 2%
- Company provided team lunch every other Monday as well as regularly provided snacks and lunches
- Home office stipend
- Yearly professional development stipend for books, conferences, and certifications
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Michigan Software Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran, or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.